DevMynd is a different kind of consultancy. Our team is made up of amazing folks, who also happen to be some of the best designers, strategists, and programmers around. We’re always on the lookout for individuals who align with our values and our passion for crafting quality solutions, and who want to have fun in the process.
Learning, Creating, and Growing at DevMynd
Our environment is very collaborative. A visit to the office would find designers and developers sitting side by side, pair programming, and working closely together in small project teams. We have a lively atmosphere at times, but always one of respect, communication, and mentorship.
Despite the fact that we do most of our work from our offices, in Chicago and San Francisco, we remain incredibly collaborative with our clients. We regularly use video conferences, Slack conversations, and remote pair programming to stay in touch. And, we have an open door policy with clients and they will frequently stop by for meetings or to work alongside our teams.
Wednesday is our optional work-from-home day and you’ll find most of the team on Slack from their home offices or living rooms. It’s a great way to spend a little more family time and also hone our remote working capabilities.
On Fridays at the office we wrap up the week with project shares. It’s an opportunity for each project team to share with the rest of the company what cool things they’ve learned that week. And, once a month, we hold an all-team retrospective to continue to improve the team and the way we do things.
Team Member Benefits
- A competitive annual salary
- 100% employer-paid medical plans (employee, spouse, family)
- 100% employer-paid dental/vision plans (employee, spouse, family)
- 100% employer-paid life insurance policy
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 3 weeks paid time off increases by 1 week each year up to 5 weeks
- 3 paid conference days each year
- Catered lunch 1-2 times per week
- Optional work-from-home day once a week
- Annual learning budget (books, conferences, etc)
- Yearly pre-tax transit benefit
- Healthy work/life balance…work 40 hours, go home 😉
- Eligible for profit sharing after 1 year of employment
- Eligible for 3% match retirement plan after 6 months of employment
Our apprenticeship program is a paid position (including health insurance) which runs for 3 to 12 months depending on skill level and progress. During your apprenticeship, you will split your time between working on real client projects alongside DevMynd engineers and on learning efforts (reading, blogging, exercises and challenges, and a personal project).
Apprentices are assigned a mentor who will help guide the process and provide feedback. Throughout the course of the apprenticeship, you will work on several different projects. This variety gives you exposure to a variety of technologies, people, techniques, and tools.
After completing your apprenticeship, the DevMynd team will evaluate whether an apprentice is a good candidate for full-time employment. We’ve had great success so far and look forward to long-term working relationships with our apprentices after they graduate from the program.
We have apprenticeships in both design and software development. Check out our job postings to learn if we are currently accepting applications for apprenticeship.